Understanding the effects and how to dose properly
Edibles Dose for Beginners
How Long Do Edibles Take to Kick In
One facet that’s very important is knowing how slowly or quickly you will feel the effects come on. Cannabis infused food products affect your body differently from smoking cannabis and so there are some important basic questions that you want to be asking before you try doing any edibles for the first time.
- How soon will I feel something?
- Will it come on right away, or will it slowly creep up on me?
- Are there external factors that alter the effectiveness?
How Long Do Edibles Last
It’s important to remember that the medication in edibles is absorbed through ingestion which is more delayed than when smoking or inhaling vapors. In general edibles have a slow release effect that can be more or less apparent, depending on the item and the ingredients that make it up. The sugar in very sweet items like brownies or cookies, seems to deliver thc fairly quickly, whereas eating something savory with more starch or even a gummy with gelatin base, can take a lot longer to take affect. In addition, you should take into consideration other external factors that might affect things, like last time you ate or other substances you have ingested.
- Whether or not you’ve consumed any alcohol, before or after taking edibles.
- Whether or not you’ve eaten, before or after taking edibles.
- Whether or not you’re taking in combination with other medications.
- Persons body chemistry.
- Persons usage history
- Persons tolerance to thc.
- Type of edible